The much-awaited trailer of the last movie of the 50 Shades Trilogy has finally been released ’50 Shades Freed’ and it has got all of us drooling over it. With the third part to the trilogy about to be released, here are some interesting facts you probably didn’t know about it. The Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson starer 50 Shades Freed has set an initial release date of 9th February, 2018.
- For the role of Christian Grey, Charle Hunnam from Anarchy was the first actor to be approached. But he rejected the role because his schedule didn’t allow it, plus he thought he would not be able to do the role any justice.
2. All the actresses who were set for auditioning for the role of Anastasia Steele had to read monologues of Ingmar Bergman’s movie Persona as a part of their audition. The creators of the trilogy wanted to see if they could handle such kind of matter.
3. All the intimate scenes that were to be shot, including the ones in the red room were saved for the last by the creators of the show as they wanted both the main leads of the movie, Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornon to get well acquainted with each other and develop a strong chemistry between each other because both their roles demanded that.
4. Jamie Dornon’s wife, Amelia Warner never watched any of the movies of the series.
5. Lucy Hale, famous for her role as Aria in Pretty Little Liars auditioned for the role of Anastasia Steele, but later stepped back as she was not comfortable with the matter of the movie.
6. Just after the release of the first movie of the trilogy, there was a huge increment in the sales of ropes and soft cotton ropes from the hardware stores.
7. Special kind of props were used in the movie which were made up of rabbit fur and soft leather so that it would not hurt the actress and wouldn’t leave any mark on her body.
8. Dakota Johnson had a butt-double for all the spanking scenes into the movie. What!?
9. Dakota’s parents were against her doing the film. They didn’t want her to be a part of a sexually explicit film. Plus, Dakota hasn’t let her parents watch any of the movies of the trilogy. Because hello! Awkward.
10. Before finalizing “50 Shades of Grey” as the title of the book, E.L.James named it, “Master of the Universe”.