1. They maintain contact with you even when it’s unnecessary.
There’s no reason why your ex would still be engaging in random chitchat with you unless they haven’t gotten over you.
2. They try to drop hints about how they’ve changed and improved.
They will want to make it seem like they are changed people; that things are going to be a lot different this time around if you just give them a chance.
3. They continuously want to talk about the reasons for the breakup.
They want so desperately to find out where things went wrong in the relationship. They want to know the reasons for why you guys weren’t able to make it work – and it’s all because they want to know how to fix things moving forward.
4. They don’t jump back into the dating scene even when it has been a while.
They don’t want to be dating anyone else because in their mind and heart; it’s always going to be you. And it’s hard to date other people when they still aren’t over you.
5. They constantly stalk you on social media.
They’re keeping tabs on what you’re doing. They just can’t seem to detach themselves from you entirely, and so they stalk you on social media a lot.
6. They stay in touch with your set of friends and family.
They don’t want to cut ties with the people in your life because they know that they still want to be in contact with you.
7. They act all hostile when they find out you’re dating someone new.
They get unreasonably upset when they find out that you’re seeing someone new. Why would they be upset if they didn’t have feelings for you?
8. They still go out of their way to do nice things for you.
There is absolutely no reason for your ex to be doing nice things for you anymore – so you have every right to assume that they still have feelings for you if they do.